Coin & Currency History
Because coins and paper money have been issued for many centuries, and often featured the image of the king or emperor during their time of issue, these fascinating collectibles are often referred to as "history you can hold in your hands." From this page, you can discover and explore coinage history itself – including ancient Roman and Greek issues, early American coins and coinage substitutes, and official U.S. Mint issues from cents to dollars to precious gold coins. Learn what coins are made of, and how they have been minted throughout the course of history.
You can also explore the intriguing history of paper money – including how paper currency is made, the first notes ever printed, early American issues, and official U.S. paper money from the Civil War era to date.
- What's in a Coin?
- How Coins Are Made
- Ancient Roman Coins
- Early American Coins
- U.S. Coins By Type
- The U.S. Mints
About Paper Money
- Learn About Coins
- Coin & Currency History U.S. Coins By Type Coin Glossaries Grading Guides
- How to Get Started
- Welcome New to Collecting? Top Questions How to Collect
- Build a Collection
- Collecting Guides Collector Checklists Release Schedules
- Protect & Display
- Caring For Your Collection Coin Holder Guide Littleton Albums and Folders
- Read News & Articles
- Online Library Collecting Resources & Links Littleton Coin Press Room