Struck over 165 years ago, this handsome, well-struck 1853 Braided Hair half cent in About Uncirculated condition is from the last half-cent series struck by the U.S. Mint!
- About Uncirculated 50 (AU50)
- Series minted 1840-1857
- Low mintage – only 129,694 struck
- Nearly the size of today's quarter (23 mm)
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht
- Obverse depicts Liberty facing left with hair held by beaded cords
- Reverse features denomination encircled by a wreath
- Struck at the Philadelphia Mint
- Coin shown is exact coin you will receive
Last struck in 1857, half cents are in great demand among collectors. So don't wait to add this pure copper classic to your collection today!
- Year: 1853
- Product Type: Single Products
- Mint: Philadelphia