In 1853, the quarter's weight was reduced due to silver hoarding. And to mark the change, the mint added arrows to either side of the date and rays around the eagle on the coin's reverse. The next year, the rays were removed – making this 1853 Liberty Seated silver quarter with arrows and rays a distinct, one-year-only type!
- Minted in 90% silver
- Extra Fine #2 condition with full details
- One-year-only issue features arrows at date and rays around eagle
- Christian Gobrecht's Liberty Seated design graced U.S. quarters for over 50 years
- Obverse shows 13 stars surrounding Liberty, who is seated on a rock with Union shield and a liberty cap atop a pole
- Reverse features an eagle with Union Shield, olive branch and three arrows
- Minted the year Franklin Pierce became the 14th U.S. president and Levi Strauss founded his clothing company
This one-year-only silver classic is an exciting addition to any collection. Order today!
- Year: 1853
- Product Type: Single Products
- Mint: Philadelphia
- Material: Silver