Here's a beautiful currency note we're especially pleased to offer for your consideration. This large 5000 Francs "Victory" Note was issued 1938-1944 by the Banque de France, and circulated during the early days of WWII. Yet even after more than 75 years, it's still in Very Fine condition with vivid colors and intricate detail!
- Scarce WWII "Victory" 5000 Francs Bank Note
- Large-size note measures 9" x 5" (230 mm x 125 mm)
- Designed by artist-engraver Maurice-Sebastien Laurent
- Note depicts woman wearing olive wreath and holding olive branch & statue of winged "Victoire" atop a globe of the world
- Background shows golden sheaves of wheat honoring France's economic victory in wake of prolonged economic crisis of 1919, when small-scale farming sustained the nation
- Features watermark of woman holding olive branch
- Photo shows actual note you will receive
This historic note is work of art that will stand out in any collection. But only one is available, so order now!
- Year: Date Our Choice
- Product Type: Single Products
- Material: Paper
- Countries: France