This is one of the only two U.S. gold denominations with this innovative sunken (incuse) design along with its sister, the half eagle.
- Designed by Bella Lyon Pratt
- Features a distinctive design seldom seen on U.S. coinage
- Shows an Indian chief with the word LIBERTY and thirteen stars
- Struck from 1908-1929
- From the last year of the series
- Just 532,000 minted
- Struck at the Philadelphia Mint
Recognized today as part of the 20th century renaissance in U.S. coinage, and makes a distinctive addition to any collection.
- Mint: Philadelphia
- Product Type: Single Products
- Denomination: $2.50 - Quarter Eagle
- Year: 1929